It’s amazing what starts to happen when you create the space to sit back and relax a little bit. When you give yourself permission to just be yourself.
I find this to be true with body transformation, eating adjustments, love and relationships (with yourself and others), and especially when you’re pursuing the career of your dreams. Enjoyment and ease is, after all, what we’re really looking for in the first place, right?
The biggest breakthrough I’ve had in the past few months has been a newfound dedication to doing and saying what feels most natural to me. I was trying to edit through a whole lot of footage last night from a novice video shoot we did, and wound up feeling that the following was the best depiction of my current reality, and a main theme of Peace + Hotness: Just Be Yourself.
So, if you’re still taking me seriously after seeing the above footage, then please consider the following 5 Ways You Can Just Be Yourself.
5) Go with your first inclination and don’t look back. It may not be the best or the wisest, but it will reflect faith in yourself and that’s more important than any outcome.
4) Say what’s on your mind. Obviously, be kind, honest and sincere…but if the person you’re with doesn’t want to hear what’s really going on for you, maybe you should rethink spending your time with them.
3) Notice how much you doubt yourself. You don’t need to do anything about it yet, just be aware of how much you hesitate to do what’s natural to you. Maybe doubting yourself feels natural? That can change.
2) Hang out with people you feel natural around. You’ll know, because it feels easy. Putting on a front and holding up an image is so freakin’ exhausting. I’d recommend slowly weeding out friends who leave you feeling weird, un-awesome, or generally icky. I call this Social Snobology.
1) Spend time by yourself without trying to fill it up. ‘Forget’ your phone at home and go for a walk. Enjoy the quiet of the house when you first wake up. Scratch some thoughts into a journal, or crank some miscellaneous words onto your computer. A solid and loving relationship with yourself will add sincerity and impact to every single interaction you have.
Social ideals are flashed in front of us every single day; the nuclear family, the skinny thighs, the latest updated technology. The only thing that’s really going to make you happy, according to the gurus and the professionals, is to just be yourself.
Do you remember a time you over-rode what you thought you ‘should’ do, and decided to just be yourself? Please, share it with us in the comments.
Yours in sincerity,
Like this article? Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and let’s keep in touch![wysija_form id=”1″]